The beginning of March will mark the fifth month that Kaiju MMA has been open. Since November, we’ve seen vast improvement not only for the physical space of the gym, but the community therein. We don’t see any signs of slowing down, but wanted to stop and appreciate all the hard work that our Kaiju crew has put in on an individual level, as well as the support from our affiliates and guest instructors along the way!
- October 28th, Cameron Jones became the first official blue belt for Kaiju MMA after receiving gold at SJJIF in Long Beach, CA.
- December 2nd, Kaiju shows up in force at NABJJF in Orange county, with two golds from Matthew Schaller and Trent Fry, and two silver from Zoie Schaller and Loren Jamison.
- December 8th, Derion Chapman returns to MMA and wins his bout against Jacob Rosales at Celtic Gladiator 17.
- December 23rd, Kevin Scott wins against Kristian Keys through CAMO MMA under Defiant Promotion.
- December 27th, John Veloso Ouano steps in as a guest instructor, and awards Kaiju head instructor Gabe Ruediger his 2nd degree black belt.
- January 20th, Kaiju rallies again at NABJJF in Norwalk, CA, with Trent Fry bringing home yet another gold.
- January 27th, Vinny Magalhaes teaches a 3hr seminar, and we celebrate our Grand Opening!
During all of this, we’ve revamped our class schedule, brought many new members into Kaiju, and have more seminars lined up. If you’re thinking about coming into the Kaiju family, please email or call to set up an appointment. There are also community events that anyone is welcome to attend and get acquainted, so keep eye on our calendar!